Nikki Sylianteng

Kinetic

As the first product designer at an engineering-heavy company, I introduced the team to a more iterative way of designing products. Validating assumptions often, user testing early, and collaborating cross-functinoally throughout the process from engineering to customer success to fulfillment. I learned that not only does this lead to good products; it also energizes, engages, and inspires the whole team.

Kinetic is an early stage startup developing safety wearables for the industrial workforce. Their mission is to reduce workplace injuries through behavioral change and workplace improvements. I led the design of end-to-end experiences for workers and managers spanning hardware and software, from system-level to interface-level designs.

Reflex Device Redesign

Increasing worker engagement

I led end-to-end product design by helping the team understand the stories behind the data. I did user research at 6 facilities and collaborated with engineering to make the device more useful for workers. Worker participation and risk-reduction improved by 60%.

Learn more

Device Replacement Feature

Removing barriers to better participation

Audited, investigated, and improved the device replacement experience for managers. Designed vision and multiple versions for varying scopes. Cross-functional collaboration skills helped us narrow down on the right design despite limited access to customers due to the pandemic.

Learn more

Smart Assignment

De-risking the device checkout experience through prototyping

Designed the end-to-end check-out experience and core interface flows for one of Kinetic's more ambitious projects. Prototyped with NFC, Bluetooth, QR, OCR, and learned Protopie to refine and evaluate user flows. This was crucial in pushing the project forward despite minimal engineering resources, resulting in a clear plan for next steps.

Learn more

Kinetic Core

Launching a self-serve MVP in 8 weeks

I worked on the end-to-end experience including unboxing, assembly, and onboarding. I advocated for an iterative approach, conducting user testing in parallel with development. This helped catch mistakes early and saved at least 8 weeks' worth of time and resources.

Coming soon