- Start small then build up.
- Start by solving one moment.
- Do just enough research to get to a prototype.
- Ask questions through prototypes and pilots.
- Make it as real as possible, don't make me imagine.
- Tell me what's not working.
- Feedback as clues, not directives.
- Function over aesthetics.
- Thoughtful over smart.
To Park or Not to Park?
Rethinking the parking sign
A guerrilla project to redesign the confusing parking sign in collaboration with drivers, city officials, and the colorblind community. Created kits, maps, templates, and now a parking sign generator. Piloted in Los Angeles, New Haven, Boston, and Brisbane. Studies showed a 60% increase in compliance.